Wow! Look at me way back in 2005! This was the picture I uploaded to an online dating site to complete my profile, and it was also the first picture my wife ever saw of me. And she still wanted to meet me.
In this episode, I share with you the 10 ways my wife taught me how to be a man. When I look at this picture, I see a little boy. I don’t mean in age (I’m 35 there), I mean in my behavior. When I met who would be my future wife, she loved my youthful demeanor, my playfulness, and very boyish charm. But when that boy stayed a boy, and never allowed his masculinity to show through, she started getting worried that these were the only characteristics I had.
Then I grew up!
I reveal some of my history, but more importantly share with you the growth I went through in hopes that you will learn something that changes your life. If you’re a man, then maybe you’ll get a few pointers on what it takes to allow your more authentic self to shine through. If you’re anything other than a man, you’ll get a healthy perspective on things that might help you with the men you know in your life.
Here’s what I go over:
- Transcending the boy in you, and embracing your authentic masculinity
- Embracing your ability to express anger constructively
- What your lover wants from you
- What it really means to be authentic and honest
- Expressing your full range of thoughts and emotions no matter what the cost
- Keeping the newness alive in your relationship by being more adventurous and trying new things
- Learning to laugh more, and finding humor in life
- Shed unhealthy dependencies and attachments to people
- Thinking and doing things outside the box to keep an open mind
- Learn about judgment and how that can cripple a relationship
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.