Dr. McCoy reveals how clever manipulative people are at influencing us, to the point that we think we’re crazy! Find out what it takes to be a manipulative person, and how you may actually have a hand in causing their behavior to continue.
My favorite quote from this interview:
“If they can no longer score on you, then they can no longer manipulate you”
What Dr. McCoy teaches us:
- The categories of manipulators including narcissism and anti-social
- What manipulative people do that allow them to deceive us
- The signs of manipulation
- Digs into psychopathy – what the signs are, and how to know one
- Psychopaths are more common than you might believe
- The type of manipulator that knows how to avoid blame
- The type of manipulator that is a legend in their own mind
- A manipulator needs someone to manipulate – so guess who else is responsible for their behavior?
- How a manipulator can make you question your own sanity
- What to ask yourself if you are in a manipulative relationship
- Do you trust the statement, “I promise I’ll change!”?
- Can we change a manipulator?
Recommended Resources (affiliate links):
- The Manipulative Man
- Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths Among Us
- The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy
What’s Dr. McCoy doing nowadays?
- Working on a book on officer suicide
Connect with Dr. McCoy!
- Website: themanipulativeman.net
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.