Rachel Van Dyken, New York Times bestselling romance author, and former counselor, considers herself a romance novelist over a “relationship expert”, but I beg to differ. Her experience as a counselor, and how she continually writes about all the different scenarios in relationships (she writes about romance 10 hours a day!) makes her probably one of the most influential people in my own marriage right now.
In this episode, you will find some of the best advice I’ve ever heard on relationships. I guarantee you’ll hear some golden wisdom to bring oomph and passion back into your marriage or partnership. If you are finding that the romance and connection isn’t all it could be, or just want to spice up a somewhat ho-hum relationship, this is one interview that you don’t want to miss!
My favorite quote from this interview:
“Men forget that the women still need to be pursued”
What Rachel teaches us:
- The difference between romance and passion
- What defines a good marriage
- Is the silent treatment healthy?
- How to keep the walls of communication open using “I feel” statements
- Some of the typical reasons marriages fall apart
- Why it “feels different” after you get married for many people
- How talking about the difficult stuff could help save your marriage
- The biggest mistake men make to contribute to a deteriorating marriage
- The biggest mistake women make to contribute to a deteriorating marriage
- Finding out the root cause of an emotion can help dissolve it
- How being curious about your partner’s behavior will help you communicate more clearly
- What is “true” love?
- Things you can do right away to get that “new relationship” feeling back into your life
- A powerful way to conquer procrastination
Connect with Rachel!
- Website: www.rachelvandykenauthor.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RachelVanDyken
- Twitter: @rachvd
- Email: email@example.com
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links. All that means is that if you purchase from a website you clicked on, that site might send me a small percentage of the sale