I invite Robert Ridpath to the show to dive into the ins and outs of stress. What is stress? Why do many of us suffer from it? What can we do about it? Robert tackles these questions head on with some very detailed steps we can take.
Tackle stress, tame it, control it. Gain back your life!
After 23 years of consulting 1000 different clinics and doctors, Robert Ridpath is the authority on stress reduction and healthy living. Trained in Nutritional Biochemistry, Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Immunology, and a perpetual student of Functional medicine and other health related topics, Robert dispels some of the beliefs we have about stress, and enlightens us on what we can do to start reducing stress right away.
My favorite quote from this interview:
“You will never push yourself as hard as when you are in a competition. The additional stress can push you to new gains and new heights, helping you break through the envelope. Taking control of the stress instead of the stress taking control of you.”
What Robert teaches us:
- How to make fear work for us
- Why making mistakes lowers stress
- How not being decisive can lead you down a spiral of doubt, worry, and stress
- How technology has created new stress in our lives
- How our cell phone is like a drug
- What to focus on when we’re in the middle of a stressful situation
- Why many of us will curse when we react, and how to decrease that kind of negativity in our lives
- Defines how we climb pyramid of stress, and how we can turn it around
- What excess sugar consumption is doing to our levels of stress, and especially to our health
- The one thing we must eat in the morning to feel and function better all day
- What foods help us sustain energy
- Why most people are stressed
- What is one of biggest stressors in our lives
- How knowing and understanding our values keeps us away from stress
- Robert has some amazing answers in the Personal Power segment at the end of the show.
- So much more!
- Eckharte Tolle: The Power of Now
- Stephen Covey: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- TLC for the Mind, Body, and Soul
Connect with Robert!
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.