Jeff Olson is the author of The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success & Happiness. A book that reveals how to create success in your health, career, relationships, and everywhere else in life. As CEO of two corporations, as well as the founder of one of the largest personal-development training organizations in the nation called The People’s Network, and a consistently top-ranked trainer in the industry, Jeff knows a thing or two about success.
In this episode, Jeff reveals that success is not about taking quantum leaps, it’s about making the right decisions day after day by adopting a philosophy that is in line with your ultimate goals. The podcast is jam packed with golden nuggets of information, so make sure you have a notepad ready.
My favorite quote from this interview:
“There is no difference in the moment, but every moment matters”
What Jeff teaches us:
- A bad philosophy can keep you from achieving what you want in life
- All the little things matter
- Something you read or hear can be right, but because of your philosophy, you don’t adopt it
- The first step to get out of depression
- You dig your grave with your teeth
- If you live materialistically, enough is never enough
- Financial freedom is attainable
- When you take the quantum leap to success, you give up on the journey
- Knowledge vs Anxiety. How the ratio changes as you learn more
- It’s hard to be an eagle when you hang out with turkeys
- So much more!
Recommended Resources (affiliate link):
What’s Jeff doing nowadays?
Jeff is focusing on the book release of The Slight Edge
Connect with Jeff!
Jeff shared an amazing piece of news. He founded a new magazine called Live Happy. It’s devoted to happiness, and it’s for people who are tired of all the negativity from the media, and from the people and events they’re exposed to in daily life. Jeff says when you’re happy, everything else just seems to work out right. Your health, your relationships, your finances, all of it. The website has a lot of free content, so there’s one reason to start being happy right away.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for the TOB Insights Emotional Intelligence newsletter!