Jordan Harbinger from The Art of Charm stops by to talk about non-verbal communication. What is it? How can it help us communicate with others, especially those we are interested in getting to know better?
Jordan helps us understand why men can appear creepy, and sometimes even repulsive to women. The Art of Charm helps men gain their confidence and learn how to approach women without succumbing to the many fears (or worse, desperation) that can demotivate so many men. This particular episode is full of fantastic information about the non-verbal signals we all give off in social situations and more. It’s definitely one you don’t want to miss, whether you’re a man or a woman!
My favorite quote from this interview:
“Leave everything better than you found it “
What Jordan teaches us:
- The definition of non-verbal communication, and the assumptions we make because of it
- How fast others get a first impression of us (hint: It’s way before we even meet!)
- How we can utilize non-verbal communication to portray ourselves more confidently and assertively
- How to go from down and out to up and energized using body language
- Why women are more evolved in reading non-verbal communication
- What message you convey using certain physical mannerisms
- Why some people appear “creepy”
- Does following your gut really work?
- How micro-expressions tell a bigger story about people
- A little bit about sociopaths, and how their mindset helps them manipulate people
- Does role-playing “confidence” convey and emit actual confidence?
- What are some signs that you are not in good rapport with someone?
What Jordan Reveals:
- He tells me his real name (because I got it totally wrong!)
- The best piece of advice he’s ever been given
- What he does to make sure he doesn’t blow up when things get too heated
Recommended Resources (affiliate links):
Connect with Jordan!
- Podcast: http://www.theartofcharmpodcast.com
- Website: http://www.theartofcharm.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheArtofCharm
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/theartofcharm
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/theartofcharm
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.