Stress! Wait, let’s reduce it… ahh, that’s better. This is the episode that really dives into the ins and outs of stress. What is stress? Why do many of us suffer from it? What can we do about it? Robert Ridpath tackles these questions head on with some very detailed steps we can take. Tackle stress, tame it, control it. Gain back your life!
After 23 years of consulting 1000 different clinics and doctors, Robert Ridpath is the authority on stress reduction and healthy living. Trained in Nutritional Biochemistry, Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Immunology, and a perpetual student of Functional medicine and other health related topics, Robert dispels some of the beliefs we have about stress, and enlightens us on what we can do to start reducing stress right away.
His 60 video series called The Ultimate Stress Reduction Program, takes you through the entire journey of reducing stress in your life.
My wife found Robert’s videos while looking for stress-reduction tips online, and exchanged emails back and forth for a while. She believed he would be a great fit for my show. After talking with him, and checking out some of his videos online, I did too! After all, this show is about personal growth and doing whatever it takes to live a stress-free life.
My favorite quote from this interview:
“You will never push yourself as hard as when you are in a competition. The additional stress can push you to new gains and new heights, helping you break through the envelope. Taking control of the stress instead of the stress taking control of you.”
What Robert teaches us:
- How to make fear work for us
- Why making mistakes lowers stress
How not being decisive can lead you down a spiral of doubt, worry, and stress
- How technology has created new stress in our lives
How our cell phone is like a drug
What to focus on when we’re in the middle of a stressful situation
- Why many of us will curse when we react, and how to decrease that kind of negativity in our lives
Defines how we climb pyramid of stress, and how we can turn it around
- What excess sugar consumption is doing to our levels of stress, and especially to our health
- The one thing we must eat in the morning to feel and function better all day
- What foods help us sustain energy
- Why most people are stressed
- What is one of biggest stressors in our lives
- How knowing and understanding our values keeps us away from stress
- Robert has some amazing answers in the Personal Power segment at the end of the show.
- So much more!
- Eckharte Tolle: The Power of Now
- Stephen Covey: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- TLC for the Mind, Body, and Soul
What’s Robert doing nowadays?
He is currently presenting a seminar series on addressing the underlying causes of chronic illness, and promoting his recent book TLC for the Body, Mind and Soul
Robert’s Ultimate Stress Reduction Program
Use the code word brain when purchasing Robert’s…
Ultimate Stress Reduction Program,
Total transparency here: I make a commission if you buy his program using my code.
Connect with Robert!