If you don’t understand how fear really works, it’ll probably trick you and trap you most of the time. Your success directly correlates with the level of fear that holds you back. Your emotional fears (fear of rejection, fear of loss) are the things that drive your decisions. Once you master those, you master your future!
Multiple Oprah guest and world-famous life coach Rhonda Britten wrote four books, including Fearless Living is featured on today’s show. She is driven to help people process and master fear. “Feel the fear and do it anyway” and “False Evidence Appearing Real” is a “lovely” quote, but doesn’t always get us where we want to go. Sometimes you gotta get a lot deeper to topple the tower of fear that’s holding you back from an amazing life.
“Once it all comes down to fear, it’s a whole lot easier. Now I don’t have ten problems I have to solve, I just have one fear I have to address.”
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Cliche’s are a placater to help you feel OK… temporarily
- How to have a relationship with fear so that you can work through it
- We need to separate our physical fears from our emotional fears to move beyond them
- The human brain doesn’t know the difference between physical and emotional fears
- Fear happens before you know it, so small steps to noticing it will increase awareness
- Fear keeps you safe, and it also keeps you stuck, the same, and small
- A technique to help move fear away from you
- People think fear is who they are, they identify themselves as their fear
- Learn what your fear responses are, and to stop addressing the symptoms of fear
- When you label yourself (a procrastinator, a perfectionist, an addict, etc) that’s one way fear tricks and owns you
- Fear creates overwhelm, but if you address the emotions and fear itself, the stuff that overwhelms you disappears
- Keeping clutter around us makes us feel safe
- www.rhondabritten.com/risk to watch the Stretch, Risk and Die videos Rhonda created
- Fearless Living by Rhonda Britten
- Fearless Loving by Rhonda Britten
- Change Your Life in 30 Days by Rhonda Britten
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.