Yes, Charlie Hoehn cured himself of anxiety. I don’t interview the people that are half-way to a resolve, I go for the gold! And Charlie reveals all in this extremely important interview about how he not only lived with anxiety and panic attacks, but also how he cured himself of it.
Charlie Hoehn is an author, marketing strategist, talked at a Tedx on free work, and wrote the book Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety. If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, maybe this is the episode that will change your life! After he wrote a blog article called How I Cured My Anxiety, he soon had over 100,000 hits, with 500 to 1000 visits daily.Wow, anxiety is a hot topic. Let’s explore this. Have a listen!
My favorite quote from this interview:
“The information you consume determines what you think and who you are”
What you’ll learn on this show:
- The definition and symptoms of anxiety
- One of the big reasons people feel anxiety
- Charlie’s story of his anxiety
- Signs that you’re having a panic attack
- What we rely so heavily on, and how it plays into our anxiety
- How the pressure to be witty and clever helps contribute to anxious feelings
- How we use technology to drown out the loneliness
- Everything he tried that subsequently failed, and why they failed
- What he decided to focus on to start enjoying life again
- One of the first biggest steps Charlie took in overcoming his anxiety
- His cure for anxiety
- Tricks he uses to stop anxious thoughts and feelings in their tracks
- A little known technique that you don’t often hear about that helps release chronic tension and adrenaline
- We talk about sleep deprivation and taking naps
- Yes, we talk about free work and improv, and how they both can play a huge part in curing yourself
- What you put in your head has a big effect on your life
- Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety by Charlie Hoehn
- Play by Dr. Stuart Brown
- Recession Proof Graduate by Charlie Hoehn
- Remember, Be Here Now by Bubba Ram Das
- Outwitting the Devil by Napolean Hill
Connect with Charlie!
- Website: http://charliehoehn.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoehnzone
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/charliehoehn
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+CharlieHoehn/posts
- Contact: http://charliehoehn.com/contact/
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to sign up for your weekly self-improvement tips! They’re fun, personal and insightful. I know you’ll love them.