ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVERTISING
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to a website or application;
- Deliver relevant content and advertising based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize the use and operation of our sites and applications; and
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties.
We may collect information whether or not you are logged in or registered, and may associate this tracking data with your registration account (if you have one), in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications, on devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners, data exchanges, and marketing analytics and other digital advertising and marketing service providers. You may also be able to choose to control targeted advertising on other websites and platforms that you visit. In addition, you may also choose to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and controls on your devices (for example, by re-setting your mobile device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
2. ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and manner in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
3. DO NOT TRACK